Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow day

I left the house with Alice the dog today for a (very) brief walk down the street and back. There are about 6 inches so far and it is very windy and icy and all around nasty. Very glad to have a good excuse not to go anywhere. Of course, if the bad weather persists tomorrow I might start to go stir crazy. But for today the fire has been going all day long, cookies have been baked, naps taken, tea drunk and desk organized by Jim (yay! bonus!). Cecelia has been interested in Alice today more so than usual. Alice'w howl this morning set her to laughing, a scene and a sound that I wish I had caught on my recorder. As it is, I manage to catch some snippets, and I am grateful for that. Because a month from now, if my memory is anything like it is at the moment, I won't recall any of the big details of Cecelia's current stage of development.

No comments: