Tuesday, February 13, 2007

No Washington DC

What was I thinking? Jim and Cecelia and I were going to drive to Washington DC on Thursday morning so that I could attend a full day workshop on Friday for a grant I am writing. Well, a) we are getting a BIG snowstorm tomorrow (of course in a normal year it would probably be 'just another snowstorm', but this year it is cause for alarm) and it will probably still be bad driving on Thurs, b) Cecelia would most likely not enjoy a 7 hour car ride, and neither would we, even with a break in New York for lunch at the Saigon Grill and c) AM I CRAZY? So, no trip for us. We will stay here and stay sane for this week, and consider a trip sometime when the though of it does not raise my heartrate. Ahhhh, so much more relaxed now. Must stock up on mocha latte supplies today in case I can't get out tomorrow morning. Cecelia is getting more and more charming. Yesterday she kept distracting some elderly ladies sitting next to us at Laurie's sister's funeral. I tried to turn her away from them, but that just made her more determined to turn her head 180 around to make them coo and gigggle with her.

No comments: