Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bathtime is great, sleepytime not so much



Cecelia had a widemouthed grin for the duration of her bath last night. Daddy is in charge of baths and sometimes gets soaked, but always has fun. Last night we tried the 'Ferber' method of sleeping for the first time, and it is working, I cautiously believe. We can't really cope with 6 wakings per night anymore, it is starting to affect my thinking ability and I am afraid if we change the status quo it will only get worse. And the first night went much smoother than I had anticipated. Yes, she woke up 6 times, but 3 were just briefly and she nodded right back off, and today for her nap, I put her in the crib, she played with a dolly and conked out without a peep about 15 minutes later. Heaven. And she woke up smiling. Bonus. Like the green icing on the cupcakes I made for Andrew Schumacher's 19th birthday.

1 comment:

Jaunty Auntie said...

Hi Sheel,

I have been eagerly reading The chickpea blog and loving it. It occurred to me that it would be fun, the next time you travel, to take picture of Cecelia with various notable landmarks-- like the gnomes' postcards in Amelie. Cecelia at the Empire State. Cecelia at the Hollywood sign. Cecelia being held up to the camera by Barack Obama. This makes me laugh.

Love, Auntie R.